We are thrilled to be looking for a nanny/family assistant for a great family in the Pacific Palisades area.
Their ideal nanny is a self starter who does not need to be told what to do every five minutes. The primary focus will be on their 1 year old, may be having a 2nd baby in Summer 2020!
When you are not working with the little one, you will be assisting the mother with various household and administrative tasks. You will also be responsible for overseeing any work needed to be done at house when family is away. In addition, some weekend hours may be required on Saturday’s, known in advance. Some cooking is necessary as you will be required to make dinner twice a week. There are older children in the house, but your responsibility will primarily be with the younger one.
You also must be travel ready with a passport!
This is a wonderful family seeking a long term commitment with a nanny they can grow with. If you are someone without an attitude and great team player mindset with a solid background, then this is the job for you!
- Comfortable with Baby Lead Weaning or willing to learn
- Basic baby sign language (more, please, eat, water)
- Experience with sleep training
- Support with breastfeeding/pumping/milk storage
- Organized and proactive (not needing to be micromanaged)
- Able to cook simple healthy family meals (or food prep twice a week)
- Comfortable preparing baby’s meals and doing meal prep during naps
- Babies laundry (not older children or adult’s)
- Clean driving record and safe car
- Willing to be active with baby (take lots of walks, trips to park, museum, play sports etc.)
- Provide ride home from school for middle schooler and rides as needed for both older boys
- Comfortable enforcing house rules with older boys
- Cleaning bottles
- Tidy up toys at the end of the day
- Keeping nursery organized
- Willing to travel (overnight), passport ready, flexible schedule
- Open lines of communication, check-ins on job satisfaction
- Knowledgable of child development.
- Willing to read literature on parenting style if needed. For examples articles from Baby Group teacher
- Health conscious
- Strong swimmer
- Cheerful, sense of humor, energetic, goofy, sing and dance with babies
- Comfortable with mom being present and hands-on. You should be able to work as a team, be communicative and collaborative with mom
Household Assistant Needs
- Filing insurance claims
- Breaking down boxes
- Errands (dropping off packages and dry cleaning etc)
- Grocery shopping
- Helping to plan travel
- Party or holiday planning if needed
- Booking appointments
- Manage family calendar (adding school/sports activities etc)
- Overseeing any work needed to be done at house while family is away
- Caregiver must be aged 21+
- Caregiver must be Fluent in English
- Caregiver must be able to drive
- Caregiver must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Caregiver must have outstanding references
- Caregiver must hold TrustLine Registration*
- Caregiver must have a clean criminal record and motor vehicle record
- Caregiver must hold a current CPR, First Aid/AED Certificate*
- Caregiver MUST have professional child care experience in a role similar to this.
*or complete upon hire, paid by Angeles Mannies
Caregiver must be willing to format resume to the template provided.
Please apply with your formatted resume, any letters of recommendation, references, and certifications. All applicable candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon!
Register here or if already registered, email email@example.com