It was a very special honor for our Founder and CEO, Daniel Butcher to be asked to speak with Angela Johnson from The Third Parent and Ask the Nanny, for her ‘This is a Manny’s World’ segment!
He said it was fine to add this to the company blog, despite there being a few questions that were thrown in on the fly that he was not prepared for; so you’ll find some entertaining responses!
Some of the questions included:
– What is one thing you wish caregivers knew about interviewing with you as an agency, and with families, that would help them interview better?
– 10 years ago, what did you think you would be doing in your career life?
– Is there anything we can do as nannies to make mannies feel more welcome in the community?
– Have you ever experienced any discrimination from others when they learn that you work with children?
– What adversities have you face add a male nanny
– Do you think there is a growing trend for mannies?
– As a woman, I get a lot of rude comments about how my job isn’t a real job. So as a male, do you get these kind of comments (not a real job kind of comments)? How do you respond?
– How do we get more men in child care jobs and roles?
– How do we break the stigma around male caregivers?
– If you were president of the nanny world, what is the first thing you would change about our profession- besides having more men present in it!
Daniel certainly had a ton of fun interacting with a number of nannies and parents from across the world and getting the word out there about mannies not just in LA.
If you have any further questions or would like to feature Daniel and Angeles Mannies, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here.
made with ♥
Angeles Mannies is a referral agency. In accordance to applicable laws, Angeles Mannies does not make referrals based on age, race, color, disability, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics, or in an unlawful manner. We present candidates based on whether they can fulfill the requirements of the position; and the fit with the family.